Let’s talk Coronavirus…
At My Health Chiro we are committed to helping you to pursue happier and healthier lives which means the safety and health of our community, our patients and our staff is our main focus.
We’ve been closely monitoring the ever-evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in real time and wanted to give you an update on our approach.
What are we doing to keep staff and patients safe?
We’re closely following the advice of the Australia’s Chief Medical Officer, as well as the World Health Organisation (WHO) and have commenced the following precautionary measures:
- Continuing to uphold our clinical and sanitation standards which include:
- Disinfectant and wipe down of treatment surfaces after each customer interaction
- Daily cleaning of treatment equipment and rooms
- Thorough daily cleaning of all high touch areas with disinfectant, including reception surfaces, door handles, and treatment areas
- Staff have been advised to stay home if they are feeling unwell
- Making hand sanitizer available for you to use on our front desk and in our treatment rooms
- We are offering free phone consultations with Dr Andre and Dr Josh in the event that you need to self-isolate
Should you continue to attend your adjustments?
We will remain open and we will continue to see patients, if you have not travelled and not had contact with Covid-19, current advice is that you are safe to continue your appointments, person to person transmission is not yet posing an issue in Victoria.
We recommend you reschedule your appointment and let us know if you:
- Have recently travelled overseas – you must self-isolate for 14 days as per government advice.
- Have had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19 – please do not attend your appointment and self-isolate for 14 days as per government advice.
- If you are feeling unwell, please contact us for advice about whether you should attend your appointment. If you have a fever, cough, excessive runny nose or shortness of breath, then you will be advised to not attend your appointment and we will waive your cancellation fee.
What can you do to keep yourself safe?
- Wash your hands with soapy water for at least 20 seconds
- Dry your hands with paper towel
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Monitor Victorian Government updates on: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19and Australian Government updates on: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/what-you-need-to-know-about-coronavirus-covid-19
What should you do if you feel unwell?
If you suspect that you or a family member has COVID-19 you should call (not visit) your GP or ring the national COVID-19 Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
Some final advice
Our clinic doesn’t see acutely ill patients, hence we are a lower risk environment as the majority of our patients are healthy and are not within the at risk groups. While we are a health care practice, the cases we see are not within a concern group for spread of disease. We are continuing to take every measure to ensure the best clinical and sanitation standards in this time.
As the COVID- 19 virus becomes increasingly more prevalent in news outlets, our advice would be to follow the advice of professional health advice and updates rather than subscribing to, what can sometimes be, misinformation spread through word of mouth and non verified news sources. Continue to monitor updates from the Victorian Government as what we are seeing in Victoria are different to that in other parts of the world.
We encourage you to stay the course with your adjustments as we are still 100% committed to helping you achieve your health goals. One important effect of your adjustments is improving nervous system function, so let our focus be improving and fortifying your nervous and immune system in the lead up to cold/flu season. If there is anything we can do help please let us know, our team is prepared and ready to assist in anyway.
We will continue to keep you informed during this uncertain time and will contact you personally if there are any important changes you need to be aware of.
Dr Andre will also be preparing a series on COVID-19 and how to prepare for the annual flu season ahead – keep an eye out on Facebook and Instagram!
We look forward to seeing you at your next adjustment!